6 Ways to Use Wild Orange Oil
Have you ever tried Wild Orange oil? What about any of the other citrus essential oils like Lemon, Lime, or Grapefruit? One of the best things about citrus oils is that they have a wide variety of uses. Within a single bottle of Wild Orange essential oil, there are dozens of possibilities. For instance, you can use Wild Orange essential oil for household cleaning, to add flavor when cooking, to create an uplifting environment—the list goes on.
So, what is Wild Orange used for? Keep reading to learn about the best uses for this versatile essential oil.
1. Use Wild Orange oil to freshen the air. Need to freshen up the kitchen? Want to bring a bright, refreshing aroma into your bedroom? Diffusing Wild Orange oil not only makes the air smell lovely, but it can help to purify the air as well. Anytime you want to dispel unwanted odors, you can diffuse Wild Orange oil to clear the air and replace unpleasant smells with the citrus aroma of fresh oranges.
2. Add Wild Orange oil to a glass of water for a flavorful drink and internal benefits.* Easily take advantage of the benefits of Wild Orange oil by taking it internally. Simply add a drop to a glass of water to help support digestion, cleanse the body, and provide the body with antioxidants.* Even a single drop of Wild Orange oil will give plain water a delicious burst of flavor, while also providing your body with the wonderful internal benefits of Wild Orange essential oil.
3. Use Wild Orange oil to cleanse and purify surfaces around the home. Like many citrus essential oils, Wild Orange has a high concentration of limonene, which makes it effective for household cleaning. Use Wild Orange oil to wipe down surfaces or get rid of sticky residue. For an easy homemade cleanser, simply place 10–15 drops of Wild Orange oil in a four-ounce spray bottle, filled with water, and spritz over surfaces around your home.
4. Diffuse Wild Orange oil to create an uplifting atmosphere. For those days when you feel like you’re stuck in a rut, you can instantly create an uplifting atmosphere with Wild Orange oil. Diffuse Wild Orange in the kitchen while the kids do homework, in the bathroom while you get ready for the day, or in the car while you do your daily errands. By creating an uplifting, cheery environment, you’ll be ready to handle anything that comes your way.
5. Use Wild Orange oil when cooking to add flavor to beverages or baked goods. Are you a fan of orange-flavored drinks or treats? By adding just one drop (or less) of Wild Orange oil to smoothies, teas, or homemade slushies and popsicles, you can enjoy a tasty, flavorful treat in no time. Many people have also found that adding Wild Orange oil to baked goods like breads, muffins, cookies, and cakes is a great way to add a kick of flavor.
6. Use Wild Orange when you’re dragging in the afternoon. If you seem to feel bored, tired, or sluggish during the afternoons, you might just need to energize your space. Create an invigorating, energizing atmosphere by diffusing Wild Orange oil at your work desk or your home office.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
dōTERRA Myrrh essential oil. Extracted from the resin of the thorny Myrrh tree, this essential oil has a woodsy, smoky, and herbaceous scent. In history, Myrrh essential oil was very valuable and often used in religious ceremonies because of its versatility. dōTERRA Myrrh oil can be incorporated in your daily oral hygiene, your skincare routine, or you can diffuse it to promote awareness.
“Take advantage of the naturally cleansing properties by adding one or two drops of dōTERRA Myrrh essential oil to your toothpaste. Enjoy the soothing benefits by adding a few drops to your daily facial moisturizer to reduce fine lines or wrinkles. Do you want to diffuse a more peaceful essential oil this holiday season? dōTERRA Myrrh essential oil is perfect to uplift mood, promote awareness, and help maintain peaceful feelings throughout your home.”
Myrrh can also be used with your pets. Contact me for further information.
Learn more about the effectiveness of Myrrh essential oil here!
Do you love to try new foods? dōTERRA Ginger is a main ingredient in many Asian dishes for its hot, fragrant flavor. It may be more familiar to you as it’s used more commonly in sweets such as gingerbread and ginger snaps. When used as a kitchen spice, Ginger adds flavor to a variety of dishes and can also help support healthy digestion.* Apply ginger over your lower abdomen for a soothing massage to help reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion.*
For a great, healthy snack, try dōTERRA Ginger Pear Green Smoothie below:
Ginger can also be used with your pets. Contact me for further information.
Enjoy the Holidays with this refreshing spritzer!
Get into the holiday spirit with this sparkling, refreshing Mock-Cranberry-Lime Spritzer recipe. Perfect for New Year’s parties and family get-togethers, this recipe gives you an excellent excuse to get a little extra fancy this holiday.
Get the recipe HERE!
Have you ever heard of Patchouli essential oil? Have you tried it? While this may seem like an obscure oil to some, it’s a treasure in the world of essential oils. A member of the mint family, patchouli has a rich, musky-sweet fragrance that is known to instill feelings of balance. The beloved aroma of patchouli has commonly been used in the perfume industry to add fragrance to products like laundry detergents and air fresheners. If you’ve never tried Patchouli oil, keep reading to see some of the best ways to use it and why you’ll want to add it to your oil collection.
Using Patchouli oil for skin
Because of its gentle cleansing properties, many people use Patchouli oil for skin. Using Patchouli essential oil topically can help promote a smooth, glowing complexion; not to mention, it’s also useful for reducing the appearance of blemishes, skin imperfections, and wrinkles.
How do you use Patchouli oil for skin?
Using Patchouli oil for fresh breath
As part of the mint family, Patchouli essential oil can help give your breath a refreshed, clean feeling. Want to take advantage of this and enjoy a clean mouth and fresh breath? Try making this DIY essential oil mouth rinse:
Patchouli and Peppermint Mouth Rinse
Using Patchouli oil to manage emotions
Rich in the chemical component patchoulol, Patchouli essential oil is known to have a grounding and harmonizing effect on the emotions. People love the uniquely sweet and musky scent of Patchouli oil and find it useful for balancing emotions amid feelings of stress or turmoil.
How do you use Patchouli oil to manage emotions?
Are you ready to see what Patchouli oil can do for you? Don’t wait another day to try it! Buy it Here.
“Have family coming over for the Thanksgiving holiday? The cleansing and preserving qualities of Lemon make it the perfect oil for maintaining your furniture. By adding a few drops of Lemon essential oil to olive oil, you can create your own non-toxic furniture polish at home. When applied to furniture, Lemon essential oil leaves a clean shine, prevents fine wood finishes from drying out, and can replace lost moisture in antique woods as it penetrates worn finishes. When trying this polish on your own homemade furniture, always apply the polish in an inconspicuous spot before applying it to the entire piece. Take a look at our Wood Polish DIY to learn how to make your own.”
Lemon is known for its purifying properties. Often used in cleaning products and air purifiers, Lemon has distinct cleansing and deodorizing characteristics that make it a popular choice for cleaning surfaces and purifying the air.
“Fill your home with the fresh woodsy scents of fall by diffusing dōTERRA Cypress, White fir, and Cedarwood. Relax after a taxing day by adding dōTERRA Cypress oil and Epsom salt to a warm bath. Reduce the appearance of oily skin by adding a drop of Cypress oil to your face lotion. When applied topically, Cypress oil will leave your skin looking healthy and radiant!”
If you are in need of an energy boost to get everything done in your day, try dōTERRA’s Cypress essential oil. When used aromatically or topically Cypress essential oil promotes vitality and is energizing. Diffuse in the morning or apply to the back of the neck to give you a motivational boost to get a difficult task completed.
Purchase a bottle of dōTERRA Cypress essential oil here!
Frankincense is called The King of Essential Oils, Frankincense! Just as in its treasured past, Frankincense oil is highly valued and continues to be one of the most popular essential oils. In ancient times, Frankincense was used during religious ceremonies for salves for soothing skin and perfume. The perfume or aroma that Frankincense emits promotes feelings of satisfaction, peace, relaxation, and overall wellness, which explains its unique value in ancient times. This is truly one of my favorite oils for both people and pets.
“Feeling stressed? Frankincense can help with that! The chemical components of Frankincense result in an extremely powerful aroma that can help to dispel negative feelings—like stress. If you are feeling like the pressures of life are weighing down your mood, apply Frankincense to the bottom of your feet. The soothing sensation and aroma will promote feelings of relaxation and a balanced mood.”
For more information on dōTERRA Frankincense, visit the spotlight blog here.
“Derived from the resin of the Copaiba tree, native Brazilians used it in traditional health practices. dōTERRA Copaiba oil can support much of the body including, the cardiovascular, immune, digestive, nervous and immune systems. Add 1-2 drops of Copaiba oil to any beverage to support your overall health. Incorporate the oil to your skin care routine to reduce the appearance of blemishes.”
Copaiba is one of my very favorite oils and it is especially useful with our pets also. Two of my three dogs love this oil also and want to lick it off of my hands every evening before bed. I am sure it is the calming affect it has on their nervous system but I am happy they like it also for their overall health and digestive support.
Find out more about essential oils for your pets here.
Learn about all the versatile benefits dōTERRA Copaiba can offer here.
dōTERRA Helichrysum essential oil is known as the Immortal or Everlasting Flower. Helichrysum promotes Skin cell regeneration to help reduce aging spots, fine lines, and wrinkles.
“Help boost your metabolism by taking two drops of Helichrysum essential oil internally. Due to its chemical components, Helichrysum has calming and soothing properties. Massage Helichrysum onto the back of the neck too for a soothing sensation. This essential oil is perfect for days when you have been out in the sun too long. dōTERRA Helichrysum soothes and calms skin that has been irritated by too much sun exposure.”
Helichrysum also has many great uses for our pets.
Learn about all of the dōTERRA Helichrysum benefits by reading the Product Spotlight page here.
I am a Subtle Energy Animal Practitioner & Healing Touch for Animals Practitioner. I am P4EO Certified in using Essential Oils with animals.